Sunday, June 8, 2014

LAST WEEK Happenings...Munchable Math Manipulatives!

I can't believe it's the last week of school! While cleaning, purging, and packing up for the summer are at the top of my list, I have also been focusing on how to keep the kids motivated, engaged, and busy this week.  :)  Allow me to introduce you to my Munchable Math pack!  For years, I have been doing these activities during the last week of school.  I had very primitive looking picture mats and activity sheets, but I've been working on sprucing them up and am SO proud of how it all turned out.  As you know, I've been dabbling in doodles and so I used all of my own artwork for this pack!  Here's a quick snapshot of what's included. Take a look...
 
Each Munchable Math activity includes a math mat in color and B&W and an activity sheet.  The activities include 1st grade review skills such as tallies, fact families, money, story problems, 1 more/1 less, 10 more/10 less.
The goodies needed for these fun activities are Teddy Grahams, Life Saver Gummies, Gummy Bears, and Rainbow Goldfish Crackers. I contacted my wonderful room moms and they provided the treats and already had them sorted by color for me! To make it easier to pass out the treats, I put them into a veggie tray so they can remain sorted.  Bowls or baggies would work just as well, too.
To save on ink, I only printed out 6 colored copies for small group purposes.  I put them into my wipe 'n write envelopes so they can easily be wiped down and still look fab. Each student will then get a B&W math mat (that is a half sheet of paper) that they will color then glue down their munchable manipulatives {don't worry, I always have plenty for them to snack on, too!}.
Click on the image below to be directed to my TPT store for the Munchable Math pack!
In addition to these fun math activities, we have themes for each of the final four days.  We will be having Motion Olympics (culminating activity for our force/motion unit), Theater Day (a fancy way of saying Popcorn & a Movie Day), Beach Day, and Game Day. 
What will you be doing to wrap up your year?

No comments :

Post a Comment